This workshop will review the rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords and the available resources for resolving disputes.
What you will learn in this workshop:
• What are your rights as a tenant?
• What’s the difference between tenancy-at-will vs. a lease?
• What are the responsibilities of the landlord?
• If there is a dispute, how can the parties work it out?
• What terms should be included on a rental agreement?
• Security deposits, last month’s rent – what can be collected?
• How is “habitable” defined
• What does the law state about eviction?